The quickest way to learn -- guaranteed.
Instant Immersion uses natural image-association techniques to help you learn as easily as you learned your first language. With Instant Immersion, you will have more fun, save money and reach your goals faster -- guaranteed*!
You Will Be Able To:
- Build your vocabulary
- Get around with confidence
- Converse with ease
- Understand everyday language
- Perfect your pronunciation
- Achieve your goals!
Instant Immersion Levels 1, 2 & 3
Whether you are learning a new language for school, work or your next vacation, Instant Immersion's fun and effective exercises, interactive activities and challenging quizzes will help you achieve language fluency in less time than other language systems. You will think, read and speak your new language with ease.
What Will I Learn?
Level 1 teaches you the essential words and phrases you will need in order to get around with ease. Learn basic vocabulary and everyday phrases in no time! Topics include first words, food, colors, phrases, body parts, numbers, time, shopping, countries and more. Practice with virtual flashcards, play games and use the record-and-playback feature to practice pronunciation. Also includes a printable picture dictionary.
Learn more complex phrases, correct pronunciation and how to converse in your new language. Talk about sports and hobbies, family, friends and work! Other topics include the alphabet, greetings, restaurant, hotel, business, technology, computers, emergencies and travel. Quiz yourself, record your progress or print out the dictionary to practice each subject on the go.
Reach your language learning goals by immersing yourself in advanced conversations that will refine your language skills and help you retain what you learned. Topics include people, food, animals, numbers, seasons, business and career, marketing and communications, IT, banking and more. Practice with image association, game show-style quizzes and story reconstruction, then test yourself and perfect your pronunciation with the recordable voice feature. Also includes a printable dictionary.
More Ways to Learn: As a Group, On the Go, with a Game!
Instant Immersion I-DVD
Play fun interactive games with the whole family using your TV, DVD player and remote control. There are nine topic areas, from shopping to business, multiple choice quizzes, and easy and hard games.
Instant Immersion Audio for MP3
Easily transfer your lessons to your iPod or other MP3 player for on-the-go learning. Practice in the car, at the doctor's office or on a plane!
11 hours of immersive audio learning!
In the following categories:
- Alphabet & Sounds
- Greetings, Introductions & Subject Pronouns
- Gender Agreement, Physical Descriptions & Corresponding Verbs
- Weather, Numbers, Irregular Verbs, Finding & Following Directions
- Days of the Week & Dates, Useful Shopping Terms
- Restaurants, Food & Corresponding Verbs
- Cultural Notes on Ethnic Foods & Customs
- Time/hours, Corresponding Verbs, Use of Object Pronouns
- Travel Vocabulary, Planning a Trip, Using the Internet
- Hotels, Taking a Taxi, Checking In & Special Requests
- At the Market, Negotiating, Money
- Doctor’s Office, Describing Symptoms, Insurance
- Finding a Pharmacy & Filling a Prescription
- Invitations, an Evening Out, Ordering Food
- Entertainment & Leisure Activities, Telling Time
- Sporting Events, Seasons & Holidays
Fun ways to learn, and easy to use, too!
Learn on the go! On-the-Go Options
The Keys to Successful Language Learning
1. You are having fun.
Research shows that when something is fun--you're playing, interacting, laughing--you're more likely to remember it because your brain is engaged. This is why we based our entire language-learning program around game-playing. Plus, when you know something is fun, it will keep you coming back again and again.
2. You are not overwhelmed.
We know the thought of learning a new language is overwhelming. This is why every one of our games can be completed in 10 minutes or less. Imagine your language-learning goal is a sandwich. You wouldn't cram it all in your mouth at once, would you? No. Sure, you'll finish it all, but one bite at a time.
3. You can fit it into your life.
We know you have a million things to do, and we recognize language learning is probably not the first thing on your to-do list (no matter how much we wish it was). This is why we give you a ton of different ways to learn, from computer games and audio lessons for your iPod to written activities in the workbook and interactive fun on your TV!
What's in the Box
- Software DVD
- Interactive Video DVD
- Complete Audio Course on MP3
Six-Month Money-Back Guarantee
Why does Rosetta Stone cost so much more? Because we refuse to spend millions on advertising. So instead of paying for their expensive ad campaign, try Instant Immersion Levels 1, 2 & 3. We guarantee you’ll be satisfied or we’ll give you your money back! *You may return Instant Immersion Levels 1, 2 & 3 with a valid receipt directly to TOPICS Entertainment up to six months from the original date of purchase.
WHY LEARN MANDARIN CHINESE?
- China’s economy is the second largest in the word and is predicted to become the world’s largest economy by the year 2016.
- Many companies do business in and with China.
- China is one of the most traveled to destinations on the planet.
- Knowing basic Mandarin Chinese words and phrases before traveling to China or a Mandarin Chinese-speaking country will help you feel more at ease during your trip.
China’s economy is predicted to become the world’s largest by the year 2016. In fact, it is becoming increasingly common for businesses to open entire divisions there. But China is experiencing a tourism boom, as well. Worldwide, China is one of the hottest tourist markets right now, and is the third most visited country. While traveling to China, it is good to keep in mind that while English is becoming more popular, most of the Chinese population does not understand it. There are many varieties of the Chinese language, but Mandarin is widely accepted as a standard form.
A few of the major travel destinations in China include the Great Wall, the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven in Beijing, Hong Kong and the Kowloon Peninsula, and Nanjing Road in Shanghai. Beyond sightseeing, travelers will want to try real Chinese cuisine. There are many regional styles with some of the most popular being Szechuan, Cantonese, Huaiyang, Shandong, Anhui, Fujian, Hunan Jiangsu and Zhejiang cuisines.
MANDARIN CHINESE-SPEAKING COUNTRIES
Mandarin Chinese is spoken in most of northern and southwestern China, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, and even in the United States. In fact, there is a large Mandarin Chinese-speaking community in New York City.
Here are some of the basic Mandarin Chinese phrases that you will use often:
- Zhège du¨sh¨£o qián? (How much does it cost?)
- Cèsu¨¯ zài n¨£li? (Where is the bathroom?)
- H¨§n g¨¡oxìng rènshì n¨«. (Nice to meet you.)