- You immerse yourself with easy-to-achieve goals. Learning a new language is far too big a task to tackle all at once, so we have broken it down into a series of rewarding challenges
- Associating new words along with pictures is proven to reinforce them in your memory. Furthermore, there are opportunities to record your pronunciation and hear it repeated to judge your progression.
- Earn points for every game you play. High scorers can go on to win bronze, silver and gold awards, which you can print out as a record of achievement.
- Simple user interface keeps things easy
- Fun games, interactive activities, challenging quizzes
- 10-minute sessions keep you engaged
- Learn colors, numbers, time, parts of the body, food, shopping, common phrases and countries
- Intelligent system targets your weak points
- Recording feature helps you perfect an accent
- Printable phrasebook for learning on the go
- Upload audio files to your iPod or MP3 player
- Practice the language with native speakers using an interactive recording feature
- Keep games challenging with two levels of difficulty
- Earn points during games and quizzes, and achieve awards
- Exercises are game-based to keep you coming back for more!
- Focuses on the basics of the language so you dont get overwhelmed
- Immersive learning helps you practice speaking in real-life situations
WHY LEARN ICELANDIC?
- Icelandic is the national language of Iceland.
- Icelandic is spoken by about 320,000 people in Iceland, Denmark, Norway and Canada.
Icelandic is spoken by about 320,000 people, almost all of them from beautiful Iceland. Icelandic is the de facto official language of Iceland. This land of boiling mud pools, spurting geysers, glaciers and waterfalls is also an adventure playground. Its breathtaking landscape is an inspiration to artists and photographers, as well.
Iceland is the least densely populated country in Europe, with a pure, unpolluted and truly magical landscape. Iceland’s summers are surprisingly warm, lush and green, with days lengthening until midsummer, when the sun dips down to the horizon but never sets. During winter you can marvel at the amazing, undulating green, blue, yellow and pink lights of the aurora borealis in the night sky, and the winters are not as cold as you might imagine. Regardless of when you visit, you can be assured of the warmth of the Icelanders’ welcome and their desire to share their culture and make every effort to ensure that your stay is a pleasant one. Speaking the Icelandic language with the native people is sure to be a highlight of your visit.
There is sizable Icelandic-speaking population in Denmark, Norway and Canada.
Here are some of the basic Icelandic phrases that you might use:
- Hvað segir þú? (How are you?)
- Gaman að kynnast þér. (Pleased to meet you.)
- Hafðu það gott. (Have a nice day.)
|System Information||Microsoft Windows (XP,Vista,7,8), Intel P4 or greater, 512MB memory, 260MB hard drive space (130MB install plus 130MB setup file), 1024x768 min resolution, sound card, microphone (recommended), iTunes.|