Online Version - Start Learning Today - No Installation Required!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Learn using a web browser from any computer (see System Information).
- You immerse yourself with easy-to-achieve goals. Learning a new language is far too big a task to tackle all at once, so we have broken it down into a series of rewarding challenges. The aim is not to discourage people with the prospect of a large, academic course that they don’t need and will never finish. It’s practical, everyday language they will have the opportunity to use again and again.
- Associating new words along with pictures is proven to reinforce them in your memory. Furthermore, there are opportunities to record your pronunciation and hear it repeated to judge your progression.
- Earn points for every game you play. High scorers can go on to win bronze, silver and gold awards, which you can print out as a record of achievement.
- Instant Immersion includes interactive language games — feeding learners new words along with pictures to reinforce their memory. It then tests your knowledge with fun quizzes. As soon as you start playing, you start learning.
- 10-minute sessions keep you engaged
- Intelligent system targets your weak points
- Recording feature helps you perfect an accent
- Printable phrasebook for learning on the go
- Each of the four programs in the three levels use the same interface and navigational controls to provide a consistent user experience. We do not believe in increasing the complexity of the user interface just because you are learning advanced topics.
MAKE LEARNING FUN!
- Practice the language with native speakers using an interactive recording feature
- Keep games challenging with two levels of difficulty
- Earn points during games and quizzes, and achieve awards
- Exercises are game-based to keep you coming back for more!
- Focuses on the basics of the language so you dont get overwhelmed
- Immersive learning helps you practice speaking in real-life situations
- BONUS: Rhythms Easy Audio - 1 hour of introductory audio
Level 1 teaches you the essential words and phrases you will need in order to get around with ease. Learn basic vocabulary and everyday phrases in no time! Topics include first words, food, colors, phrases, body parts, numbers, time, shopping, countries and more. Practice with virtual flashcards, play games and use the record-and-playback feature to practice pronunciation.
Learn more complex phrases, correct pronunciation and how to converse in your new language. Talk about sports and hobbies, family, friends and work situations! Other topics include the alphabet, greetings, restaurant, hotel, business, technology, computers, emergencies and travel. Quiz yourself, record your progress or print out the dictionary to practice each subject on the go.
Reach your language-learning goals by immersing yourself in advanced conversations that will refine your language skills and help you retain what you learned. Topics include people, food, animals, numbers, seasons, business and career, marketing and communications, IT, banking and more. Practice with image association, game show-style quizzes and story reconstruction, then test yourself and perfect your pronunciation with the recordable voice feature.
RHYTHMS EASY AUDIO - Exclusive to www.InstantImmerion.com
It’s easier to remember something when it’s set to rhythmic music. Why do you think advertisers continue to use jingles in commercials? It cements their message, phone number or address firmly in your brain. Rhythms Easy Audio uses the same technique to help you learn a language.
Simple words and phrases are set to a varied pattern of rhythms and music designed specifically to help you learn and to keep you engaged in what you are doing. Rhythms Easy Audio is a great way to get you familiar with a new language. Learn greetings, basic directions, words for food and drinks, and more. You’ll hear the words spoken by both a male and female native speaker, and then you will have an opportunity to test how well you are doing with built-in review stages at key points throughout the lesson.
One of the great things about Rhythms Easy Audio is that it can help you learn a language practically anywhere at any time: while in the car or on the plane, while walking the dog, exercising or even while doing housework. Rhythms Easy Audio is an ideal and easy way to start your language-learning journey! Download the MP3 files from your course screen.
WHY LEARN MEXICAN SPANISH?
- Mexico has more than 22 million visitors a year.
- Knowing basic Spanish words and phrases before traveling to Mexico or another Spanish-speaking country will help you feel more at ease during your trip.
- More people speak Spanish in the world than English.
- Spanish is the second most studied language after English.
Mexico’s sunny beaches and rugged mountains may be two of the biggest draws for the more than 22 million visitors that travel to the country every year. But many also visit Mexico to see the remnants of ancient civilizations, including the Aztec’s Pyramid of the Sun.
Like many countries, cuisine in Mexico varies widely by region and, of course, can be very different from what Mexican restaurants serve in the United States. One of the best ways to sample real Mexican food is to ask locals for recommendations.
Mexican Spanish differs from Spanish in the pronunciation of certain words and the way vowels are stressed. Mexican Spanish also uses some words that many consider archaic in Spain, and some words in Mexican Spanish are actually have native origins or are from the Nahuatl or Mayan people.
Mexican Spanish-speaking Countries
There are more than 417 million Spanish-speaking people worldwide. In many regions, people speak their own style of Spanish. In Mexico, the language is Mexican Spanish, and there are even 10 varieties of that. People who speak Mexican Spanish mainly live in Mexico, but also live in the United States and in Canada.
Here are some basic Mexican Spanish phrases that you will use often:
- ¿Qué onda? (What’s up?)
- ¿Dónde está el baño? (Where is the bathroom?)
- ¿Cómo está usted? (How are you?)
|System Information||Internet connection, Adobe Flash support, Web Browser (Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari). Apple iPad/iPhone/iPod are NOT supported.|