- You immerse yourself with easy-to-achieve goals. Learning a new language is far too big a task to tackle all at once, so we have broken it down into a series of rewarding challenges
- Associating new words along with pictures is proven to reinforce them in your memory. Furthermore, there are opportunities to record your pronunciation and hear it repeated to judge your progression.
- Earn points for every game you play. High scorers can go on to win bronze, silver and gold awards, which you can print out as a record of achievement.
- Simple user interface keeps things easy
- Fun games, interactive activities, challenging quizzes
- 10-minute sessions keep you engaged
- Learn colors, numbers, time, parts of the body, food, shopping, common phrases and countries
- Intelligent system targets your weak points
- Recording feature helps you perfect an accent
- Printable phrasebook for learning on the go
- Upload audio files to your iPod or MP3 player
- Practice the language with native speakers using an interactive recording feature
- Keep games challenging with two levels of difficulty
- Earn points during games and quizzes, and achieve awards
- Exercises are game-based to keep you coming back for more!
- Focuses on the basics of the language so you dont get overwhelmed
- Immersive learning helps you practice speaking in real-life situations
WHY LEARN AFRIKAANS?
- Afrikaans is the national language of South Africa.
- Learn Afrikaans to help you feel more at ease during your travels in South Africa, one of the most widely visited country in Africa.
- Afrikaans is spoken by over 23 million people mainly in Africa.
Visiting South Africa
Afrikaans is spoken by about 23 million people worldwide and is the national language of South Africa. Every country in the world displays some diversity, but South Africa, stretching from the hippos in the Limpopo River to the penguins waddling on the Cape, takes some beating. It befits its position at the southern end of the world’s most epic continent, with more types of terrain than photographers can shake their zoom lens at. There’s the deserted Kalahari, Namakwa’s springtime symphony of wildflowers, iconic Table Mountain and Cape Point, Kruger National Park’s wildlife-stocked savanna and, running through the east of the country and into Lesotho, the Drakensberg. KwaZulu-Natal’s iSimangaliso Wetland Park alone has five distinct ecosystems, attracting both zebras and dolphins.
Afrikaans is also widely spoken in Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Lesotho, Swaziland, Zimbabwe and Malawi.
Here are some of the basic Afrikaans phrases that you might use:
- Word gou gesond! (Get well soon!)
- Skryf dit neer asseblief. (Please write it down.)
- Lekker dag! (Have a nice day!)
|System Information||Microsoft Windows (XP,Vista,7,8), Intel P4 or greater, 512MB memory, 260MB hard drive space (130MB install plus 130MB setup file), 1024x768 min resolution, sound card, microphone (recommended), iTunes.|