- You immerse yourself with easy-to-achieve goals. Learning a new language is far too big a task to tackle all at once, so we have broken it down into a series of rewarding challenges
- Associating new words along with pictures is proven to reinforce them in your memory. Furthermore, there are opportunities to record your pronunciation and hear it repeated to judge your progression.
- Earn points for every game you play. High scorers can go on to win bronze, silver and gold awards, which you can print out as a record of achievement.
- Simple user interface keeps things easy
- Fun games, interactive activities, challenging quizzes
- 10-minute sessions keep you engaged
- Learn colors, numbers, time, parts of the body, food, shopping, common phrases and countries
- Intelligent system targets your weak points
- Recording feature helps you perfect an accent
- Printable phrasebook for learning on the go
- Upload audio files to your iPod or MP3 player
- Practice the language with native speakers using an interactive recording feature
- Keep games challenging with two levels of difficulty
- Earn points during games and quizzes, and achieve awards
- Exercises are game-based to keep you coming back for more!
- Focuses on the basics of the language so you dont get overwhelmed
- Immersive learning helps you practice speaking in real-life situations
WHY LEARN LATVIAN?
- Learning Latvian (or Lettish) will help you feel more at ease while traveling in Latvia.
- Learn to speak Latvian to better appreciate the culture and heritage of Latvia.
Latvian (or Lettish) is spoken by about 1.5 million speakers worldwide. It is the official state language of the Republic of Latvia. Latvia, the pearl of the Baltic States, is one of the European Union member states and is situated in the Northern Europe on the shores of the Baltic Sea.
Since ancient times, Latvia has been at the crossroads between the East and West, and the North and South. Therefore, Latvia is a multi-cultured state, where the traditions of all these countries have merged, creating a unique environment, the like of which is not to be found anywhere in the world. The people of Latvia are hospitable and cheerful, friendly and open toward visitors, and able to get along with anyone. Latvian people treat the cultures of other people with great understanding.
Latvian (or Lettish) is spoken primarily in Latvia, but it has a small diaspora in Eastern Europe.
Here are some of the basic Latvian phrases that you will use often:
- Priec¨¡jos ar Jums iepaz¨©ties! (Pleased to meet you!)
- Lai jums laba diena! (Have a nice day!)
- Es nesaprotu. (I don’t understand.)
|System Information||Microsoft Windows (XP,Vista,7,8), Intel P4 or greater, 512MB memory, 260MB hard drive space (130MB install plus 130MB setup file), 1024x768 min resolution, sound card, microphone (recommended), iTunes.|